Sunday 29 June 2014

My Favorite Celebration

My favorite celebration is New Year in Japan.First, most people go to temple because this is culture in Japan. This is called NINEN MAIRI by everyone. This means first we have to go temple on December 31th and then,we have to stay January 1st. After that, every children is looking forward to giving money by parents and relative. The amount of money to give is not decide. I think it to get as I get old rises. Next, almost people eat rice cake. For example, it baked and put on pauder.Pauder name is KINAKO. I think it is very delicious. Also, people put it in soup. This name is OZOUNI. This is old food in Japan. If you go to grand parents house, you will eat it. There are still a lot of custom on New year. I think it is the most famous in Japan, so it is my favorite celebration.

3 comments:

  1. I like the day, too! I was looking forward to get some money from surrounding people when I was child! Also, we can eat many delicious foods! For example, we can eat "OSECHI," "OZOUNI," "OSHIRUKO," and another expensive food! I love day! This year, maybe we will be not able to do something with different to Japan, but let's enjoy! X)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In China, Kids love New Year have a very important reason is we can got the money. Ha-ha
    In Japan, on New Year’s day Japanese eat food same the daily life ate food? Chinese in the New Year food a little different in the daily life. January 1 is New Year in japan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haruki!
    I like this day, too because I get some money:) However, I do not get it now. I want to be back to a child....
    I eat rice cakes well for New Year. I think it is delicious by Japanese people. However, it is not good to eat too much because it begin a fat right?

    ReplyDelete